Apple cider vinegar is mostly known for weight loss but it has many other magical benefits as well. Apple cider vinegar is the mixture of apples and yeast which later turns into alcohol and with the aid of some bacteria this alcohol converts into acetic acid. It boosts metabolism and lowers blood sugar level which works wonders.
Vitamins, minerals and, water are also involved in apple cider vinegar besides acetic acid.
Many studies related to apple cider vinegar have been done on animals which show that it lowers blood sugar level, improves metabolism and reduces appetite as well. But such studies haven’t done on humans to date.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Lowering the blood sugar: Acetic acid improves the scope of the liver and muscles to take in sugar from the blood and this is how blood sugar level is lowered.
2. Decreases insulin levels: A study done on rats found that enough intake of apple cider vinegar helps the body in decreasing insulin levels and this is one of the reasons why you should consult a doctor before consuming it especially when you are diabetic.
3. Reduces appetite: Consuming apple cider vinegar suppresses your appetite as it makes you feel fuller. Due to this function, you are able to consume fewer calories and reduce excess fat.
4. Improves metabolism: The properties of apple cider vinegar support fat burning and boosts metabolism which also helps in fat burning.
5. Don’t store much fat: Apple cider vinegar prevents you from fat storage and saves you from gaining more weight.
6. Supports fat burning: Acetic acid helps in fat burning according to an experiment performed on rats. You should be very cautious about its usage.
7. Improves PCOD: Women suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOD/PCOS) find improvement in insulin sensitivity who took apple cider vinegar for 100 days.
Some other benefits are as follows:
This lowers your cholesterol and improves your heart health.
- This also has some protective effects against cancer.
- This lowers blood sugar levels and also fights diabetes.
- This can kill many types of harmful bacteria
- This helps you in losing weight as well as reducing belly fat.
Apple cider vinegar is a magical drink for weight loss. Adding 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in your morning drink or following the detox recipe is sure going to give you results. It increases fullness and reduces your calorie intake.
If you can’t take it early in the morning just add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your diet. It also reduces your body fat percentage moreover it reduces belly fat.
Apple cider vinegar decreases your appetite which reduces calories and aid in weight loss. It boosts your metabolism and improves your blood sugar. It has many health perks which can be enjoyed by its daily usage.
Detox Using Apple Cider Vinegar
The easy and quick recipe of detox is
- STEP 1: Take 20-25 ml. of unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- STEP 2: Add almost 8 ounces of purified water to it.
- STEP 3: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons sweetener like organic honey (optional)
- STEP 4: Add lemon juice, apple juice, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and ginger (optional)
Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. It can be used as a detox drink for a healthy daily routine.
Apple cider vinegar is basically taken as a detox drink, usually for health benefits. It prevents you from gaining weight because of its acetic properties.
2. It can be used in a salad dressing.
Apple cider vinegar is also used as a salad dressing. It enhances the taste of the dressing and it is a healthy option as well. It is added after diluting.
3. Can spray it onto the popcorn
To get a good change through mixing and blending flavors you can try adding some apple cider vinegar on to the popcorns.
4. Can mix it with a green juice.
If you are new to this drink (apple cider vinegar) and are not able to adapt to its taste then you can mix it with your green juice and enjoy the health benefits.
5. Can stir it into soups, and sauce
Apple cider vinegar could be added up in the sauces and soups as well to get a fuller flavor.
6. Can use it as a preservative
Apple cider vinegar is also used as a preservative just like other kinds of vinegar it also has acetic nature.
7. It can eliminate bad smells.
When we mix apple cider vinegar with water and Epsom salts it turns into a foot soak. This may help get rid of unwanted foot odor by killing off odor-causing bacteria.
8. Prevents from cancer.
It is said that apple cider vinegar has some antibacterial properties which help to kill cancer cells (but this is not proven scientifically).
9. Natural cleaner
Apple cider vinegar is a natural cleaner because of its antibacterial properties. Mix 1 part of vinegar with 2 parts of water to get a good cleaner.
10. A Facial toner
Apple cider vinegar is used as a facial toner to reduce the signs of aging and an effective home remedy to reduce acne. Here, 1 part of the water is mixed with 1 part of vinegar but if your skin is sensitive you need to add more water.
11. Helps sore throat
Apple cider vinegar when consumed undiluted create throat burns but it is also a remedy for sore throats because of its antibacterial properties. Before trying this remedy make sure that apple cider vinegar is diluted with water.
12. Helps in boiling eggs
Adding a little apple cider vinegar to boiling egg water helps to maintain egg whites in its shape and these eggs are boiled more quickly when compared. This is majorly useful if the shell cracks while boiling.
13. Gives a good wash to fruits and vegetables
Some people like to wash their fruits and vegetables in apple cider vinegar as it is believed that apple cider vinegar removes more of the chemical residues than water. But this is also done by diluting the vinegar.
Related Article: All About Protein Shakes Recipe
14. Dandruff treatment
A good hair rinse is done after massaging apple cider vinegar in the scalp to remove or to reduce dandruff.
Apple cider vinegar (diluted in water) hair rinse also detangles the hair and gives your hair a good shine.
15. Removes unwanted plants
Apple cider vinegar is mixed with lemon water and sprayed undiluted on the weeds to kills them. Before trying this make sure that the plant is unwanted and you are not killing them if any alternative solution is present.
16. Texture enhancer in the baking
Apple cider vinegar is a friend in baking delicious cakes and cookies. It is a taste enhancer in baking especially when you say no to eggs.
17. Treating acne
Usually, diluted vinegar is dabbed on the pimples which work wonders, but if used undiluted can cause skin burns. This is not scientifically proven yet.
18. Help with morning sickness
It helps women with nausea brought on by pregnancy, besides that it also helps other gastrointestinal disturbances.
You should drink 1/2 ACV in a tall glass of water daily twice in a day to get relief from these symptoms
19. Give relief from Arthritis
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that causes pain and swelling in joints, to get relief from this, people move towards Arthritis medications which are effective but still you can go for the alternative treatment to relieve their symptoms including Apple cider vinegar.
Related Article: White Rice vs Brown Rice
As apple cider vinegar also contains pectin and some people think that pectin absorbs specific toxins which give them relief from these symptoms.
20. Other uses
In addition to the above uses and health benefits, apple cider vinegar is a cheap and versatile household item and has many other uses.
Faq: what are the side effects of apple cider vinegar?
With lots of benefits there are some side effects of apple cider vinegar if we have not taken some precautions:
1. Digestion problem
Intake of apple cider vinegar creates digestion issues. It is recommended to take a small amount (30 ml. maximum) per day.
Slows the rate at which food leaves the stomach to make you feel fuller and suppresses your diet. This creates gastric problems.
3. A lower level of potassium
It can cause muscle weakness as well as paralysis which can affect many parts of the body.
4. Damages tooth enamel
The nature of apple cider vinegar is acidic and acid can weaken tooth enamel over a period of time if taken daily in a higher amount.
5. Throat burning sensations
Acidic nature recommends you use it after diluting enough (Apple cider vinegar is usually diluted in a big glass of water).
Related Article: Leg Workouts – The Only Reason That Shouldn’t Make Your Knees Weak
6. Skin burns
There are some cases in which it is found that if apple cider vinegar is used on sensitive skin for treating moles burns skin.
Faq: What Are Some Precautions That Should Be Taken?
- We need to limit our intake up to a maximum of 30 ml.
- We need to dilute apple cider vinegar and drink it through a straw as our teeth should not be exposed to it.
- To prevent enamel damage we should rinse our mouth after taking apple cider vinegar.
- We should consult our doctors before making any changes.
A six-week study was performed on apple cider vinegar regarding weight loss which was performed on rats. Another study was done on obese people who took apple cider vinegar for 12 continuous weeks. Both studies show weight loss and reduction in body fat. But more research needs to be done on humans.
Recent Article: Best Bodybuilding Program