Covid-19 come out at the beginning of this year in China it has caused extensive damage worldwide – infecting more than 10.9 million people and killing more than 524,088.
COVID-19 First case: December 1, 2019
Origin of corona virus: Wuhan, Hubei, China
Mode of transmission: person to person transmission via respiratory droplets
What is a coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause various diseases like common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). Some people get infected but don’t realize any symptoms and get better by own. But, one out of six has severe signs and symptoms like trouble in breathing.
The disease it causes is called coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). In March 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed the COVID-19 is a pandemic.
Causes of corona virus
Corona virus show to spread easily among people, and more continues to be discovered over time about how it spreads. It spreads from person to person among those in close contact (within 6 feet). The virus can be easily spreads by respiratory droplets released when someone with the virus coughs, sneezes or talks. These droplets can be inhaled or land in the mouth or nose of a person nearby.
It can also extend if a person touches a surface and then touches his or her mouth, nose or eyes.
Risk factors for COVID-19 appear to include:
- Recent travelling from community spread of COVID-19
- Close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has COVID-19
- Being coughed or sneezed by the infected person
Signs and Symptoms of Corona virus diseases
Signs and symptoms of corona virus disease (COVID-19) may come out 2 to 14 days after contact. This time after exposure and before having symptoms is called the incubation period.
Common symptoms can include:
Other symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Chest pain
The severity of COVID-19 symptoms can vary from mild to severe. Some people may have only a few symptoms, and some people may have no symptoms at all.
People who are older or having certain chronic medical conditions like heart disease, obesity, chronic kidney or liver problem, lung diseases or having low immunity or weak immune system may be at a higher risk of corona virus diseases. Some people may experience severe symptoms like shortness of breath and pneumonia. If you have severe symptoms of COVID-19, seek care immediately.
Emergency signs and symptoms can include:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent chest pain
- Inability to stay awake
- New confusion
- Blue lips or face
Complications of COVID-19 can include:
- Severe Pneumonia and trouble breathing
- Organ failure
- Heart problems
- A severe lung condition that causes insufficient oxygen go through your blood stream to your organs
- Blood clots
- Acute kidney failure
- Viral and bacterial infections
Corona virus world meter
|Name of country||Confirmed cases||Recovered||Death|
Prevention of COVID- 19 infections
- Do not use public transport, public taxi, auto and rickshaw
- Do not go to the work, market, or large gathering area
- Avoid large gathering
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or having common cold, cough or fever
- Avoid hand-shake or hugging people
- Don’t share your towel, personal items, comb, mobile, and clothes with others
- Stay home as much as possible
- Wash your hands with soap or water for 20 seconds. You can also use 60% alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth of nose with tissues when you are cough or sneezing
- Avoid touching your mouth, lips, nose and eyes
- Clean and disinfect your wardrobes, light switches, counter, tablet and doorknobs.
- Always disinfectant your mobile phone before using
- Wear clean clothes daily
Strong or better immunity is one of the best ways to fight against the corona virus disease (COVID-19). Eating a balanced or nutritive diet is a natural way to strengthen your immunity at home. You can also incorporate immunity-boosting supplements or foods in your diet regimen to boost your immunity and minimize the risk of having an infection.
Adopt certain healthy habits to improve your immunity during a COVID-19 outbreak
- Do yoga, meditation, Pranayama and jumba daily for 30 minutes
- Drink honey added lemon water
- Drink plenty of lukewarm water and stay hydrated whole day
- Use garlic, turmeric, coriander and cumin in your regular diet
- Take enough vitamin D and vitamin C
- Take citrus fruit like orange, grapes, lemon, kiwi, and amla
- Add green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli
- Use 2 to 3 almonds daily
Stay healthy and active during a COVID-19 pandemic by following social distancing rule, eat healthy or nutritive diet, stay home and save lives.